Ben O' Hara B. Sc (HONS) OST, MOCI
Ben O' Hara Osteopath BSc (HONS) OST, MOCI.
Ben's Top Ten Tips For Back Care.
1. Take regular exercise - your Osteopath can advise what is right for you.
2. Hours in one position can cause problems - avoid "computer hump".
3. During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks.
4. Adjust car seats and on long journeys. Take regular breaks to stretch.
5. Pace your self with heavy work like gardening, - Don't risk a disc!
6. Watch children's posture - they shouldn't carry bags on one shoulder or spend too long at a computer without breaks.
7. During Pregnancy, osteopathy can help your body to adjust to changes.
8. Avoid strain when lifting, particularly small children and shopping.
9. Your bed could be part of the problem. Seek osteopathic advice on choosing a new one.
10. For back pain, better to see your Osteopath sooner rather than later.